I REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO HATE NO’S
Actually at times, I STILL DO. yet…
“As I look back on my life, I realize that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.” ― Steve Maraboli
Recently, I found myself staring at my reflection in the mirror. Taking a good hard look at myself as my mind raced as a time capsule replaying highlight reels of my last 31 years. Realizing one of the most treasured gifts GOD had given to me on our walk together is His response of “NO”.
God’s “No’s” have saved my life far more than the “yes” of men.
- The no’s of rejection were for my protection
- The no’s of correction were for my understanding
- The no’s of the present were for my preparation
- The no’s of adversity were for my maturity
- The no’s of passion were for my preservation
- The no’s to right now were for my self-control
- The no’s to my egotistical rants were for my humility
- The no’s to the temporary where for my eternity
- The no’s to my personal gain were so that others can be blessed
- The no’s that brought me to my knees were to ensure that I was able to stand
- The no’s to the possible were to ensure that God did His best work.
It is so easy to complain and compare about what we do not have and miss God’s blessing in the No. I find myself thanking God for shut doors that no man can open these days. Those closed doors have protected me time and time again from the unknown and the unseen.
The “NO” has become a gift of grace. So I choose to give thanks. I trust that God’s way is best! He existed before the beginning began and will exist after the ending ends. He stood before time and purpose this best for His creation.
The no’s that GOD has gifted me may be the best yes I have ever experienced in my life.
EVERY NO THAT GOD GIVES US IS FOR OUR BENEFIT.
Think about it: What no’s are you most grateful for? And how has it benefited you at present?